Held at the beautiful Grand Targhee Resort in the Grand Teton mountains of Wyoming, ORTCON23 is an -inperson conference exploring topics in Open and Relational Theology.
ORTCON23 brings together scholars, leaders, pastors, and activists. The conference provides workshops, lectures, and social activities to deepen relationships and present new ways of imagining God and the universe.
Thomas Jay Oord is a theologian, philosopher, and multidisciplinary scholar. Oord directs the doctoral program in Open and Relational Theology at Northwind Theological Seminary and the Center for Open and Relational Theology. The author or editor of 30+ books, Oord is known for research on love, religion and science, and freedom and relationships for transformation.
Ekaputra Tupamahu is assistant professor of New Testament at Portland Seminary and George Fox University. Tupamahu has a broad range of academic interests, including the politics of language, race/ethnic theory, postcolonial studies, immigration studies, critical study of religion, and global Christianity (particularly Pentecostal/ Charismatic movement).
Bruce Epperly is a theologian, spiritual guide, reiki teacher/master, pastor, and author of over seventy books in the areas of process and open and relational theology, mysticism and spiritual practices, religious pluralism, healing and wholeness, theology and social transformation, scripture, and ministerial and professional wholeness.
Single Person - $1799*
Couples - $2199
Family - Adult Rate + $299 per child
Cost Includes - Housing and most meals (see conference details below)
* if willing to share room with another adult, cost is discounted to $1,199
The beautiful Grand Targhee Resort is located in the Teton Mountains of Wyoming and within an hour of Yellowstone and Teton national parks. Opportunites to visit the national parks are available during ORTCON, but we encourage coming early to the area or staying a few days after.
Ilia Delio, OSF, PhD is a Franciscan Sister of Washington, DC and American theologian specializing in the area of science and religion, with interests in evolution, physics and neuroscience and the import of these for theology. Ilia currently holds the Josephine C. Connelly Endowed Chair in Theology at Villanova University, and is the author of twenty books.
Tripp Fuller is the author of several books and the founder and host of the Homebrewed Christianity podcast.Tripp Fuller recently completed a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Theology & Science at the University of Edinburgh. He received his Ph.D. in Philosophy, Religion, and Theology at Claremont Graduate University.
ORTCON23 officially begins with 6pm dinner on Monday evening (check-in begins at 4pm)
The conference concludes after lunch on Friday afternoon.
In addition to small group discussions, lectures and conversations will be held each morning and evening.
we recommend flying into…
– Jackson Hole Airport – approximately 90 minutes from Resort (Delta, Frontier, Alaska, United, & American)
* alert conference directors by May 15 if you need a shuttle to and from airport; this involves additional cost
MEALS AND HOUSING
– Housing is provided for all registrants (single rooms, shared rooms, and family housing are available)
– 4 Breakfasts (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday)
– 4 Lunches (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday)
– 1 Dinner (Monday; Participants can purchase other dinners at Grand Targhee, Driggs, and elsewhere)
AVAILABLE ACTIVITIES *
– Explore 2 National Parks
– Horseback Riding (groups of six for ages 6+)
– Mountain Biking (bikes provided)
– Hiking (easy, medium and advanced levels are all available)
– Heated Pool/Hot Tub
– Kid-specific activities include bike clinics, children horseback riding, and pool activities