Held at the beautiful Grand Targhee Resort in the Grand Teton mountains of Wyoming, ORTCON22 is an -inperson conference exploring topics in Open and Relational Theology.
ORTCON22 brings together scholars, leaders, pastors, and activists. The conference provides workshops, lectures, and social activities to deepen relationships and present new ways of imagining God and the universe.
The beautiful Grand Targhee Resort is located in the Teton Mountains of Wyoming and within an hour of Yellowstone and Teton national parks. Opportunites to visit the national parks are available during ORTCON22, but we encourage coming early to the area or staying a few days after.
Thomas Jay Oord is a theologian, philosopher, and multidisciplinary scholar. Oord directs the doctoral program in Open and Relational Theology at Northwind Theological Seminary and the Center for Open and Relational Theology. Oord is known for research on love, religion and science, and freedom and relationships for transformation.
Eric Seibert is Professor of Old Testament at Messiah College and the author of Disturbing Divine Behavior: Troubling Old Testament Images of God (Fortress 2009) and The Violence of Scripture: Overcoming the Old Testament's Troubling Legacy (Fortress 2012). Eric served as the Director of the Peace and Conflict Studies Initiative at Messiah College.
Single Person - $1449*
Couples - $1649
Family - Adult Rate + $249 per child
Cost Includes - Housing and most meals (see conference details below)
Rates have increased $200 after April 21, 2022.
* if willing to share room with another adult, cost is discounted to $999
Donna Bowman is Professor of Interdisciplinary Studies at the Norbert O. Schedler Honors College, University of Central Arkansas. Her books include The Divine Decision, Prayer Shawl Ministries and Women's Theological Imagination, and The Homebrewed Christianity Guide to Being Human. She also writes about film and television, most notably reviews of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.
ORTCON22 officially begins with 6pm dinner on Monday evening (check-in begins at 3pm)
In addition to small group discussions, a theological lecture will be given each morning and a practical lecture offered each evening.
we recommend flying into…
– Jackson Hole Airport – approximately 90 minutes from Resort (Delta, Frontier, Alaska, United, & American)
* alert conference directors by May 15 if transporation to and from airport is need; this involves additional cost
MEALS AND HOUSING
– Housing is provided for all registrants (single rooms, shared rooms, and family housing are available)
– 4 Breakfasts (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday)
– 3 Lunches (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday)
– 2 Dinners (Monday and Thursday; Participants can purchase Tuesday and Wednesday dinners at Grand Targhee, Driggs, and elsewhere)
AVAILABLE ACTIVITIES *
– Explore 2 National Parks
– Horseback Riding (groups of six for ages 6+)
– Mountain Biking (bikes provided)
– Hiking (easy, medium and advanced levels are all available)
– Heated Pool/Hot Tub
– Kid-specific activities include bike clinics, children horseback riding, and pool activities