ORTCON21 brings together scholars, leaders, and activists to explore vital issues in open and relational theology. The conference provides workshops, lectures, and social activities to deepen relationships and present new ways of imagining God and the universe.
Held at the beautiful Grand Targhee Resort in the Teton Mountains of Wyoming, ORTCON21 is an intellectually stimulating and socially invigorating in-person event.
The beautiful Grand Targhee Resort is located in the Teton Mountains of Wyoming and within an hour of Yellowstone and Teton national parks. Opportunites to visit the national parks are available during ORTCON21, but we encourage coming early to the area or staying a few days after.
Thomas Jay Oord is a theologian, philosopher, and multidisciplinary scholar. Oord directs the doctoral program in Open and Relational Theology at Northwind Theological Seminary and the Center for Open and Relational Theology. Oord is known for his contributions to research on love, open theism, postmodernism, religion and science, and freedom and relationships for transformation.
Single Person - $1199*
Couples - $1598
Family - Adult Rate + $199 per child (under 13) + $299 per child (13+)
Cost Includes - Housing and most meals (see conference details below)
* if willing to share room with another adult, cost is discounted to $949
Karen Winslow teaches courses in Old Testament, early Judaism, Scripture formation and interpretation, and women in the Bible and the Church. She is an ordained elder in the Free Methodist Church with her other fields of expertise including Jewish studies, sociology of religion, and women in religion.
ORTCON21 officially begins with dinner on Tuesday evening and a welcome
(check-in begins at 3pm)
– Every day will include lectures from Dr. Oord or Dr. Winslow
we recommend flying into…
– Jackson Hole Airport – approximately 90 minutes from Resort (Delta, Frontier, Alaska, United, & American)
– Idaho Falls Regional Airport – approximately 90 minutes from Resort (Delta, United, & Allegiant)
MEALS AND HOUSING
– Housing is provided for all registrants (single rooms, shared rooms, and family housing are available)
– All breakfasts are included (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday mornings)
– All lunches are included (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday)
– Two dinners are included – Tuesday night and Friday night (dinner on Wednesday and Thursday nights are not included, but are available for purchase from Grand Targhee)
AVAILABLE ACTIVITIES *
– Explore 2 National Parks
– Horseback Riding (groups of six for ages 6+)
– Mountain Biking (bikes provided)
– Hiking (easy, medium and advanced levels are all available)
– Heated Pool/Hot Tub
– Kid-specific activities include bike clinics, children horseback riding, and pool activities